Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Most often, the ovarian cancer symptoms are mistaken to symptoms of some other disease. The ovarian cells start growing and behaving abnormally.
They divide and multiply in an uncontrolled manner leading to accumulation of numerous abnormal cells.
This results in formation of tumors. The tumors may form in one of the ovary or in both the ovaries. The ovaries are the part of the female reproductive system.
This type of cancer is the most common among women than any other cancer. According to the research studies, ovarian cancer ranks fifth in cancer deaths among women. Early detection of this ovarian cancer symptoms results in good prognosis and the chances of survival are better.
Unfortunately this disease is difficult to detect in its early stages thus quite a less percentage of cases are detected before the tumor spreads to the other tissues or organs.
Until recent days it was considered that ovarian cancer seldom shows any early signs or symptoms but studies reveal that early stage cancer does show signs and symptoms.
In spite of this majority of the cases are detected in the advanced stages when the recovery chances are quite low and the survival rates are poor.
Most Common Ovarian Cancer Symptoms or Signs of Ovarian Cancer
The Ovarian cancer symptoms or signs of ovarian cancer are often mistaken to be those related to any other less serious disease or disorders. For example many of the ovarian cancer symptoms are similar to those of the digestive or bladder problems.
It is very common that women mistake or even the doctor mistakes these symptoms to be due to some other problems as these are nonspecific.
The only way to make sure the seriousness of the symptoms or signs is when they instead of getting faded off worsen because of the ovarian cancer affect. This is because if the symptoms go and come back they are likely to be caused by any digestive or bladder disorders but if they are persistent then it should be noted that the cause is different and needs attention.
Another one of the most common ovarian cancer symptoms is the pain or swelling in the stomach and formation of gas. Other symptoms are diarrhea or constipation, or an upset stomach. As these symptoms are so common and general they are often mistaken to be those caused by other problems.
Later stage symptoms result from the tumor growing in the pelvis. They can include:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding in women after the menopause
- Pressure or bloating , swollen abdomen or fullness
- Pain in the lower abdomen or pain in the lower back (Back Pain Can Be A Sign Of Ovarian Cancer!)
- Irregular periods may be a warning signs of ovarian cancer or ovarian cancer symptoms
- A condition in which pain during intercourse occurs is called dyspareunia
- Frequent urination
- An urgency to pass urine
- A constant change in bowel or bladder patterns which are progressive
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Persistent digestive problems
- Ongoing excessive fatigue
- Pelvic discomfort or pain may be one of the signs of ovarian cancer or ovarian cancer symptoms
- Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
- Changes in bladder habits, including a frequent need to urinate
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- A persistent lack of energy.